Bend, Don't Break at Bondi Beach
Every “tricky” pose is made up of other, more accessible poses, many of which you are likely already familiar with. Through careful attention and the layering of muscular actions, you will empower your practice of backbending poses, as you systematically strengthen your core, open your shoulders, upper back, and hips in step-by-step sequencing, with options and stages for all levels, and a passionate call to open your heart.
Our student body will be a diverse, virtual, global community of yogis with a wide range of experience. Participants will range from newer yoga practitioners to experienced teachers. Students with stiffness, challenges with yoga or meditation, injuries, and health issues are all welcome. If you are interested in a deeper understanding of yourself and your body, and if you want to develop tools that nourish your body, mind, and personal gifts, this training is for you and we encourage you to attend.
This training follows the Mazé Method of yoga education, a step-by-step approach to becoming a skillful, confident teacher. The curriculum combines detailed alignment knowledge and intelligent sequencing with vinyasa theory to provide you with sound skills for teaching safe and effective yoga classes. Your teachers have spent over 50 years collectively investigating nearly every style of yoga, its practices, and associated philosophies. Their knowledge, combined with their approach to experiential education, creates a learning environment that is rich and multi-faceted.
Students will learn to apply healthy critical thinking through an inquisitive approach to yoga studies. They’ll practice innovative teaching drills, gain clarity about how scientific principles substantiate training techniques, explore the deeper dimensions of yoga practice, and leave with a cutting-edge understanding of human movement and physiology. In all, students can expect to complete this training with new perspectives on yoga study, a greater understanding of biomechanical alignment principles, and expanded general knowledge.
We will study and deconstruct asana (yoga poses), pranayama(breathwork), meditation, yoga theory, yoga practice, yoga history and philosophy, basic Sanskrit, and ethics. Each day will be a treasure trove of learning about anatomy, kinesiology, applied biomechanics, and how to use this knowledge to optimize your yoga and movement practice and teaching.
In addition to the pre-recorded lessons and classes, Nichol and Noah will offer regular live sessions to facilitate community and collaboration, conduct teaching practicum, answer emerging collective questions, and further clarify lessons and topics as needed. Upon completion and graduation, students may choose to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour RYT level.
- 1 year of yoga practice recommended
- No prior teaching experience required
- Stiffness and injuries OK
- Willingness to participate in a group process
- Ability to give and receive feedback skillfully
- Dedication, motivation and self directed studentship
- We are big believers in getting to know our students personally. We prefer in person communication and respond quickly and comprehensively by phone, and Tracy Mazé may be reached at (310) 871-8808 anytime via call or text.
- Alternatively, please email email@example.com and include the best phone number to reach you.
- If you prefer communication solely via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow us up to a week for us to respond to your inquiry.