Do you ever use a dowel rod in Sarvangasana and Halasana?
I love this prop because
- it really helps to get the shoulders open and keep the elbows in position
- it helps activate latissimus dorsi because you can press the arms down more, which also helps to get the spine in
- it changes the angle on the wrists and gives your hands something to hold that doesn’t slip
- and you roll the dowel up your back as you get more open and get more vertical
- and bonus, if you are practicing in the jungle and monkeys try to take your stuff, you can threaten them with the stick
Check out the video below to see how it’s done.