Dive deeper into all things yoga! This yoga immersion with Stephen Ewashkiw will take place in Hamburg, beginning in February, 2019. This program boasts a wonderful opportunity to explore and expand your yoga practice and to get to know yourself better — rekindle old passions with your body mind and heart; and ignite new ones. Learn more about your body and the yoga practice. Find a deeper connection to yourself and your desires. Uncover new power and strength. Perhaps your newfound courage will help you to make changes in your life. Perhaps you will be more free to follow the path you truly want.
Together we dive into the studies, philosophies and practices of yoga. This is the entry point for our 200-hour and 500-hour programs. This course is designed to help you learn more about all things yoga, leverage your practice to improve your poses—and your experience of them—provide you with an effective understanding of the biomechanical alignment of yoga postures (asana), as well as an expanded knowledge of yoga history and philosophy. A more robust understanding of these matters results in a deeper connection to yoga practice, yourself, and your life.
DatesModule 1: February 15-17 2019
Module 2: March 29-31 2019
Module 3: May 10-12 2019
Module 4: June 14-16 2019
Expect daily hours to be 8:00 – 18:00; Fridays 18:00 – 21:00, however the exact schedule will be flexible and specific hours will be tailored to the teacher’s assessment of group needs, and announced prior to each respective module.
Complete participation is strongly recommended. However, life events and circumstances sometimes take priority, and we are as flexible and reasonable as we can be with our students. Makeup options are available. Please see our Makeup Policy for more information.
In this Immersion, you will join a community of yoga students from various parts of Europe-- all of whom are excited to dive in and learn the following topics:
- Essentials of asana practice – breath, foundation, general form, primary energy flows, and refinements of poses
- Better alignment in practice
- How to improve your practice
- How we categorize postures (e.g. standing poses, hip openers, arm balances, backbends, inversions, twists, and seated postures) and how we string them together
- How to apply anatomy and biomechanics to yoga poses and practice
- How to apply your anatomy learning to advance your asanas
- Pranayama (breathing exercises) & meditation
- History and traditions related to modern yoga
- Origins of modern yoga
- Comparative study of yoga philosophy – Classical, Advaita Vedanta, Tantra
- Bhagavad Gita introduction & study
- Stories and myths of yoga
- Yoga character studies: Ganesh, Kali, Shiva, and Hanuman
- Who Patanjali was and and why his Yogasutra is relevant to you
- Techniques to make hard poses easier…
…and easier poses harder
- And so much more!
In short, we’ll look closely at many forms of yoga and yoga poses, learn relevant and applicable anatomy, explore the history and mythology of yoga, and spend time contemplating various yoga philosophies and epics. Most importantly, you’ll learn what impact all of this can have on your life, on and off the mat.
- 1 year of yoga practice recommended
- No prior teaching experience required
- Stiffness and injuries OK
- Willingness to participate in a group process
- Ability to give and receive feedback skillfully
- Dedication, motivation and self directed studentship
"Stephen’s immersion was amazing! He creates a safe space for learning and exploration of yoga poses and philosophy and really engages his students with a warmth and humour that simply inspires our yoga journey. I cannot recommend him highly enough!” - Joe Moynihanr
"I would highly recommend the The Mazé Method… It’s learning about yourself. It’s about individual growth. That’s why I chose to study The Mazé Method. Through this training I’ve become much more observant and gained awareness and understanding of what the poses do for our bodies. I joined the program to deepen my knowledge, but it has also been about evolvement in my own being. It’s been scary, exciting, very emotional and wonderful for me." - Laura Wang
"I came out of Stephen's Immersion full of energy and with a really useful toolkit for my yoga practice, my teaching and most importantly my life. Stephen is a very knowledgeable teacher with a beautiful soul and great sense of humour that makes you feel instantly at ease with expressing yourself." - Sofia Ananda