Vinyasa Yoga is evolving, and it’s time to upgrade your teaching!
Are you feeling somewhat stagnant in your teaching of Vinyasa yoga? Interested in enhancing your classes to include greater opportunities for functional strength and mobility? Wanting to break out of the box of traditional sun salutation based sequencing to leverage greater diversity in your students movements? Do you struggle to find the balance between breath based movement and skillful alignment in your classes?
If so, then you are ready for Skill and Drills: Dynamic Flow!
In this training, we will explore how to CREATE the experience of being in a FLOW STATE, without compromising the integrity of good form, and progressive learning.
Come learn, grow, and play with us for this fun and transformative 30hr Program! Hours can be applied to continuing education credit with Yoga Alliance.
DatesMay 9-11 2019
9:00am - 5:00pm
Complete participation is strongly recommended. However, life events and circumstances sometimes take priority, and we are as flexible and reasonable as we can be with our students. Makeup options are available. Please see our Makeup Policy for more information.
You will learn:
- The techniques to create your own FUNCTIONAL and INVENTIVE drills
- Multi-Level sequencing approach to set your students up for success
- Powerful yet unconventional movements that thread seamlessly into practice
- FUN and INNOVATIVE use of props and how to weave them into flow class
- Pranayama and FLOW State
- How to both TRAIN and EXPRESS mobility in a vinyasa practice
- Integrating SCIENCE with CREATIVITY in your sequencing
- Peak pose vs. Peak Sequence Templates
- How to teach so that your students actually LEARN
- The Art of demonstration in a vinyasa class
- Pose Analysis: ENGAGEMENT vs. ALIGNMENT
- Creating mixed level options that empower instead of overwhelm
- and much more!
- 1 year of yoga practice recommended
- No prior teaching experience required
- Stiffness and injuries OK
- Willingness to participate in a group process
- Ability to give and receive feedback skillfully
- Dedication, motivation and self directed studentship
“Rocky really wowed me. He is a rock star and I feel so privileged to have observed and taken in information from him. Rocky is a distinctly colorful individual who happens to embody a similar level of excellence to Noah. I fell in love with Rocky in this program and would highly recommend him to everyone as a teacher and a guide” – Carol King
“ I came into this program knowing very little and as we progressed through the modules and online discussions, I noticed that I developed good and strong habits that are effecting more than just my teaching yoga. This training has deepened my own practice and my understanding of the poses as well as of the history and discipline surrounding yoga. The program has introduced me to a new community of people and I have made friends and family as we struggle, learn and prevail together. ” – Nicholas Trubachick